ENTERING USER ID AND PASSWORD
To sign in to online banking by entering your User ID and password, follow the steps below.
- Enter your User ID.
- Click Next.
You will proceed to another page to enter your password. The password page displays the security image and caption you specified for your account. If you do not see the image and caption you specified, do not enter your password! Instead, contact the UMB Online Banking Support Group for assistance.
Note: If the system does not recognize the computer you are using, you are prompted to answer at least one of the security questions you selected for your account (for more information, see Answering Challenge Questions below) before you can enter your password.
- Enter your Password.
- Click Sign in. You will proceed to online banking.
ANSWERING CHALLENGE QUESTIONS
If the system does not recognize the computer you are using, it requires you to verify your identity by answering the challenge questions you selected for your account.
You are given two chances to answer a security question correctly. If you answer the challenge question correctly, you can then enter your password. If you answer it incorrectly, you are prompted with another challenge question. If you get the second question wrong, you will need to contact the UMB Online Banking Support Group
You will also see another option displayed in conjunction with the challenge questions: the Yes, allow me to log in from this computer in the future
option. You might see these questions when you are using a different computer than the one you typically use. When you select Yes, allow me to log in from this computer in the future
, the system remembers the computer so that you can log in using that computer in the future without having to answer the security questions.
RESETTING YOUR PASSWORD
If you have forgotten your password, you do not need to contact the Online Banking Support Group to reset it. Click the Forgot Password?
link to go to Password Self-service page. After you answer two of your security questions correctly, you can reset your password.
To reset a forgotten password, follow the steps below.
- Enter your User ID and click Next. You are prompted to answer your security questions, one at a time.
- Enter the answer to the question and click Next. You must answer two questions correctly. If you answer two questions correctly, you proceed to step 3. If, however, you do not answer two questions correctly, you cannot reset your password. Contact the Online Banking Support Group for assistance.
- Enter your new password in the Enter NEW Password box. Your password must be between seven and 15 characters long, and can contain only letters and numbers.
- Confirm your password by re-entering it in the Confirm NEW Password box. Click Submit. A confirmation e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address you have on file.
- Click Finish. You are redirected to the Account Sign In page, where you can sign in with your new User ID and password.