At UMB, we know that meeting our sustainability goals and making a difference in our environment begins with the continued efforts and support of our associates. That’s why we encourage the “greening” of all of our associates’ actions as well as the “greening” of our offices. We strive to gain this support through:
- “green” events and contests for associates
- educational lunch and learns about the importance of sustainability and how to lead a sustainable lifestyle
- convenient recycling programs in our offices and branches
- our associates participation in our local Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program
- our environmental policies and plan readily available to associates
- the use of alternative transportation by participating in the annual MARC Green Commute Challenge, organizing “bike to work” rides, and offering alternative transportation subsidies for associates.