Welcome to UMB!
We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you with all of your banking and financial needs. To ensure that your account opening process is quick and seamless, please review the following information and gather the noted materials. If you have any questions, please contact your commercial relationship manager.
Information Required To Open Your UMB Account
- Employer identification number (EIN) with SS-4
- Proof of official filing with the state, including filing stamp
- Operating agreement
- If your limited liability company is more than one year old, please bring your active status verification (ex: Certificate of Good Standing)
- If your business is operating with a DBA, please bring your trade name registration
- Business address and phone number
- Completed Certification of Beneficial Owners for Legal Entity Clients
Personal identification for the person opening the account and the individuals identified on the Certification of Beneficial Owners for Legal Entity Clients
- Full legal name
- Government-issued ID
- U.S. Citizens: driver’s license (required), state-issued ID card, passport
- Non-U.S. Citizens: passport (required)
- Residential address
- Social Security number
- Date of birth
Important note: To comply with federal regulations and rules, certain additional documents from the limited liability company (LLC) are obtained before you can establish a deposit account for the LLC. This depends upon the circumstances and structure of the LLC and the terms and provisions of its operating agreement (and any amendments).