Balance Sheet Management
As your full-service partner, we offer a wide solution set to help you manage risk and evaluate opportunities.
Our team combines macroeconomic theory, proprietary financial modeling and your unique risk profile so we can help you navigate regulatory changes, evaluate expansion opportunities, interpret asset/liability reporting and help you manage risk.
Navigate changing regulations
Each year brings changes and new challenges in regulated industries. UMB’s in-depth historical repository, wide information network, and breadth of experience can provide you the tools and information you need to effectively manage your balance sheet. We offer in-depth, one-on-one consultations to help you navigate changing regulations and exam priorities.
Risk management solutions
With our suite of balance sheet solutions, we provide clients comprehensive risk management strategies, evaluations and modeling—alleviating the need for software or additional staffing expenses. Our services include:
- Asset liability management
- Financial events timeline modeling
- Analytical tools
- Interest rate risk analysis and strategy
- Thorough consultations
Measured analysis through modeling
Modeling can help you define and hone your financial strategy by demonstrating how your decisions could impact your operations, bottom line or regulatory compliance. The Investment Banking Division team also provides informed perspectives and measured analysis of your options.
- Thorough analysis of the investment portfolio, including cash flows and valuation under varying market interest rate scenarios, and measurement of the impact of any changes in the portfolio mix on the entire balance sheet.
- Contingency funding plan simulations
- Liquidity and loan portfolio stress testing
- “What if” simulations for various growth and product development scenarios to capture potential risk exposures
- Detailed reporting of earnings at risk, economic value of equity, liquidity, duration and convexity.
UMB Bank’s long history allows us to be responsive and flexible. We provide fixed income sales, comprehensive distribution networks, actionable quotes across asset classes, valuable insights and perspective, and a robust trading platform.