Online Privacy Notice
Effective Date: December 21, 2018
We value your trust and wish to be clear about information we collect from you when you visit our website and how we use it. This notice outlines that information.
Information UMB collects from you when you use UMB’s website
UMB collects certain information from you when you visit its website. This information includes:
- Information you voluntarily provide. Although you are not required to provide any information to use our website, UMB does collect the information you voluntarily provide. For example, you may provide UMB with information to access online banking or submit a job application. Information you voluntarily provide via our website may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, phone number, home/mailing address or email address.
- Online Information. UMB also collects information using online collection tools. The types of information collected by these tools is described in detail below in the Online Information Collection Tools section.
How UMB uses the information it collects from you
- UMB uses information collected during your website visit to provide you with its products and services.
- UMB uses information to respond to requests you have made, such as job interest/applications, requests for more information about products and services, or to interact with a UMB representative.
- UMB uses this information to market its products and services to you, and to enhance your experience on the website.
If you are a UMB customer, information you voluntarily provide to UMB in connection with this relationship is at all times subject to our Privacy Notice. Information that UMB collects not in conjunction with a customer relationship – such as employment applications or online information – is subject only to what is described in this Online Privacy Notice.
Who UMB shares your information with, and why
UMB may share your information – including personally identifiable information – with unaffiliated third- party service providers to accomplish the purposes described in the preceding section. The types of third parties to whom UMB may share information collected from you using online collection tools are described in the Online Information Collection Tools section.
Third parties that may collect your information
This website may provide links to websites controlled by third parties who are not related to UMB (e.g., parties that are not UMB affiliates or subsidiaries). If we create such a link, we will let you know by indicating these links with this symbol “‡”. These unaffiliated third-party websites may collect personally identifiable information from you. You should be aware that third parties have different privacy policies than UMB, and those third parties may treat your personal information differently than we do, and may have different information security practices. UMB encourages you to review the privacy policies or statements of any website you visit.
Online Information Collection Tools
Background. As mentioned above, UMB collects certain information (“online information”) by using certain types of online information collection tools. These tools may gather information such as , but not limited to, your type of device (e.g., smartphone, computer, tablet), your device’s IP address, browser type, domain/operating system, pages accessed/viewed and identification/verification information provided to our website. A brief description of some of these tools is below. However, given the changing nature of technology, we may also use other tools not described in this notice to collect online information from you.
- Cookies. A cookie is a small data file placed on your device. Your browser will generally add information to this file regarding your activity on a given website or information about your device, which can then be accessed by websites such as UMB. You may be able to disable cookies within your browser. If you choose to do this, you may still have access to most information on our website, but some features and functionalities may not work.
- Web server logs.
- Web beacons. Beacons help recommend support functions like recommended content.
Improving your experience. UMB uses online information to enhance your online experience and tailor our website and messages to your needs and preferences. For example, online information can help UMB understand the types of browsers and operating systems users most frequently use, or how users found UMB’s website. Understanding these types of information enables us to improve our website’s performance and functionality.
Advertising and analytics. UMB may use online information to show you advertisements when you visit our website or other external websites, including social media websites or applications (e.g., Facebook). UMB may also analyze your online information to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Third parties. UMB may share your online information with unaffiliated third-party service providers to improve your experience on our website, or for advertising and analytics purposes. With regard to analytics, such third parties may collect online information about your visits to our website, your interactions with our products and services, and your reaction to our marketing communications (such as what you do when you receive a marketing communication from us). Information collected by third parties only includes online information.
How UMB treats “Do Not Track” requests
Some browsers may offer a “Do Not Track” option or similar setting that allows users to indicate a preference regarding online information tracking. UMB does not currently respond to Do Not Track requests, should such functionality be enabled within your browser. If we treat such requests differently in the future, we will update this Online Privacy Notice.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
UMB’s website is not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. Additionally, UMB does not knowingly market or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
How UMB will let you know about changes to this notice
UMB may change the way it collects, uses or shares information collected from you from its website. We will inform of you of any changes by updating this notice, and will revise the effective date listed above. We encourage you to periodically review this notice to stay up-to-date on any changes.