UMB Value Checking®
Tailored to fit your financially active lifestyle
UMB Value Checking provides you with additional features to help you manage your money. You can enjoy easy access to your account, as well as extra benefits designed to save you money when you take advantage of additional products and banking services. And all it takes is $100 to open.
Top Features of UMB Value Checking
- Unlimited check writing, deposits and withdrawals
- Access to UMB Online Banking, Mobile Banking and Bill Pay
- 24/7 phone access to account information
- Access to hundreds of UMB ATMs across eight states
- No fee1 for up to three non-UMB ATM withdrawals each monthly service charge cycle
- No fee for electronic statement or paper statement with check images
As a UMB Value Checking accountholder, you can save on these valuable services and take advantage of preferred pricing on select loans.
- 30% discount on non-exclusive checks
- No fees for cashier's checks and money orders
- Special loan rates and origination fee discounts2
UMB Value Checking Monthly Service Fee
UMB Value Checking has a monthly service fee of $8, which can be waived if one of the below conditions are met.
a single direct deposit of $250 or m ore during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain an average collected balance3 of $1,500 or greater during each monthly service charge cycle
- Maintain a combined $3,000 balance4 in your deposit accounts during each monthly service charge cycle
- Be a student under the age of 25
Information about this deposit account is available in UMB Bank's Deposit Account Agreement (called Important Information Regarding Your Deposit Accounts), and information about service fees and charges for this deposit account is available in the bank’s Consumer Banking Schedule of Service Fees and Charges.
1Access fees may be charged by the institution that owns the non-UMB Bank ATM. ATM-owner fees cannot be refunded.
2Subject to credit approval. The following standard rate reductions and origination fee waivers and discounts apply to UMB Value Checking. Discounts listed do not apply to promotional or introductory rates, if offered.
Home Equity Line of Credit: .25% standard rate reduction, origination fee waived, save up to $250, depending on lien position
Home Equity Loan: Origination fee reduced, save up to $100, depending on lien position
Unsecured Home Improvement Loan: .25% standard rate reduction
Auto/Boat/Recreational Vehicle/Other Titled Vehicles: .25% standard rate reduction, origination fee reduced $25
3The average collected balance is calculated by adding together the balance of items in the account for which the bank has received credit (the collected balance) for each day of the monthly service charge cycle. That balance is then divided by the number of days in the monthly service charge cycle.
4The balance of any other deposit account(s) (checking, savings, or money market account) is the ledger balance the day before your UMB Value Checking account monthly service fee is assessed. The balance of your time deposit account (TDA) or individual retirement account (IRA) is the latter of the ending ledger balance as of the last business day of the prior month, or the ending ledger balance of the TDA/IRA account the Friday before your UMB Value Checking account monthly service fee is assessed.