Put the value in your home to work for you with a UMB Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
What are the benefits of a HELOC? A HELOC can allow you to:
- Cover the costs of home improvements – update a kitchen or bathroom, add a deck or patio, replace the windows, put in a new air conditioner, furnace or heat pump, or finish a basement
- Purchase or refinance an automobile or recreational vehicle such as a boat, ATV or motorcycle
- Use it as a cash management tool to provide flexibility with your finances – when you have emergency cash needs, you can tap your line of credit – when you have extra cash, you can use that to pay down your home equity line and potentially reduce your minimum payment
- Pay off high interest rate loans
- Write checks to cover expenses whenever you need the extra cash instead of applying for a number of fixed term loans
- Interest paid on your loan may give you a tax deduction, which could lower your overall tax burden4
- Pay for once-in-a-lifetime events such as a wedding
Why choose a UMB Home Equity Line of Credit?
A home equity line of credit (HELOC)1,3 is a revolving line of credit using your home serves as collateral. A HELOC gives you the convenience and flexibility of a revolving line of credit that allows you to draw and repay funds up to a determined line amount.
Interest on the line of credit is charged at a variable rate that may change over the term of the loan. You may draw funds from your HELOC for up to 10 years. At the end of the line’s term, any remaining balance owed must be paid in full or refinanced.1,2
Unlike a fixed-term loan, a HELOC has a variable rate that fluctuates over the term of the loan. Payments will vary depending on the amount advanced on your line and the associated interest rate. When you use your line of credit and pay it back, you can use the available credit again any time during the term.2