What You Will Need
It takes about 15 minutes to apply for a UMB home equity line of credit. Please have the following personal information available for yourself and your co-applicant, if any:
- Copy of Deed of Trust or Mortgage (If you do not have a copy, request one from your first mortgage holder or the county registrar of deeds.)
- Income Verification
- Copy of current pay stub and prior year's W-2 for all borrowers
- If income is derived from Social Security or pension and monthly income is direct deposited, a copy of your last month's bank statement
- Previous two years' tax returns, only if you are self-employed, or if you are relying on rental or investment income
- Copy of Policy Declaration page of homeowner's insurance policy
- Copy of any statements of accounts to be paid off by this line
- Complete copy of trust agreement if title to property is held by a trust
- 85 percent loan to value (LTV) ($10,000 minimum)
- No annual fees
- No third party fees
- All documentation fees paid by UMB
- 10-year draw period
- Variable rate (based on prime)
- Monthly statements
- Account checks available
- Debit card access to funds
- Various payment methods available
- Annual statement of interest paid (for tax reporting)
UMB accepts applications from and serves customers in Missouri, Illinois, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Arizona.
UMB uses the highest level of Internet encryption to protect your personal information as you fill out the application. For more information on how UMB protects your private information, please review our privacy statement.
- Read disclosure information (pdf)
- Please provide your personal information so that we can verify your identity and banking history. (UMB complies with Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT Act. This law mandates that we verify certain information about you while processing your application.)
- Once the application is completed,* click Submit.
- You will be contacted within one business day of your submission with a loan decision and/or next steps necessary to complete the transaction.
Home Equity Application
Or open the application (pdf), complete it, print it on legal-sized paper and bring it to any UMB banking center. Be sure to bring the documents listed in the "What You Will Need" section at the top of this page.
Additional Products and Services
Along with your line of credit, you may also be interested in these UMB products and services.
- Online Banking
- Credit Cards
- Mutual Funds
- Stocks and Bonds