Economic Insights Archives
- Will the Federal Reserve hike interest rates and send the economy into a recession? (January 2019)
As financial markets sell off and economic growth forecasts show signs of slowing, it's logical to question what the Federal Reserve's (Fed) next interest rate move will be.
- Did the current economic cycle skip a recession? (December 2018)
The economy has been flowing along for quite some time, and many are wondering how much longer this forward momentum will last.
- What is driving volatility in the equity markets? (November 2018)
Chief Investment Officer KC Mathews and Head of Equity Research Will Reese examine the forces simultaneously attempting to accelerate economic growth and signal a slowdown.
- We are seeing economic expansion, but how long will it last? (October 2018)
UMB Bank Chief Investment Officer KC Mathews discusses the economy, interest and mortgage rates, and stock market trends.
- Will the labor market create an economic soft landing? (August 2018)
The business cycle naturally fluctuates between periods of expansion and contraction, but will a tight labor market cause this cycle to be different?
- When will the bull market end? (June 2018)
We know the market is cyclical. Sooner or later we will see a bear market, an equity market, down 20 percent or more. The question is, will your portfolio be ready?
- Looking for a stock market crystal ball? (May 2018)
While no one will ever be able to look into a stock market crystal ball to see what's ahead, there is something investors can monitor to help identify stock market shifts – the bond market.
- Trade spat or a trade war? (April 2018)
KC Mathews breaks down the aftermath of President Donald Trump's proposed tariff on imported steel and aluminum.
UMB Private Wealth Management is a division within UMB Bank, n.a. that manages active portfolios for
"UMB" – Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. Copyright © 2019. UMB Financial Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
*Securities offered through UMB Financial Services, Inc. member FINRA, SIPC, or the
Investment Banking Division of UMB Bank, n.a.
Insurance products offered through UMB Insurance, Inc. You may not have an account with all of these entities. Contact your UMB representative if you have any questions.
Securities and Insurance products are:
NOT FDIC INSURED • NO BANK GUARANTEE • NOT A DEPOSIT • NOT INSURED BY ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCY • MAY LOSE VALUE
, fiduciary accounts and individuals