In what form may contributions be made to an HSA?

Contributions to an HSA must be made in cash. As custodian of the HSA, UMB will accept contributions by check, direct deposit from an employer or online transfer from a personal bank account. UMB will also accept rollovers or transfers of assets from an Archer Medical Savings Account (MSA), an existing HSA, or an IRA, in accordance with the requirements of the Internal Revenue Code. All contributions to an individual's HSA will initially be made to an interest-bearing HSA Deposit Account at UMB.