1099 Statement Information
Form 1042-S, 1098, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, 1099-R, 1099-SA and 5498-SA will be available online for immediate download on Online Banking by the IRS deadline. Please refer to the below Tax Form Information chart to learn more about each form type and availability on Online Banking.
Additional details regarding your 1099-INT, 1099-SA and 5498-SA
Do you have interest bearing accounts with UMB Bank? If so, you may have received or can expect to receive a Form 1099-INT statement reporting the amount of interest you earned on your interest-bearing account for the previous tax year.
There are several important facts to remember about your Form 1099-INT.
- If you prefer to receive your tax documents in the mail, please note that you will be mailed a separate Form 1099-INT for each UMB account that is eligible for tax reporting. Form 1099-INT is required to be mailed to you by January 31. Please allow two weeks for delivery.
- Under the tax rules, Banks are required to report interest income of $10 or more on a Form 1099-INT. Applying that threshold and our Form 1099-INT configuration if a customer, for example, has a checking account with $5 of interest and a savings account with $9 interest, the customer will receive 2 separate tax statements in the mail as the total aggregation of the interest earned is over the $10 threshold.
- You can find out how much you earned each year on an account by:
- Reviewing your December bank statement for that year, which can be accessed by logging into Online Banking.
- Calling the UMB Service Center at 1.800.252.9008.
- Visiting your local UMB Banking Center.
- If you require a replacement or corrected Form 1009-INT, you can:
- Call the UMB Service Center at 1.800.252.9008 for further assistance.
- Visit your local UMB Banking Center for further assistance.
1099-SA and 5498-SA:
UMB reports annual distributions from your UMB HSA to the IRS and you on IRS Form 1099-SA. This information, along with your contributions found online on your HSA tax summary screen, should be used to complete your personal income tax return, Form 8889. Form 5498-SA is provided annually reporting contributions for the prior calendar year, including any contributions made by the tax filing due date, and should match what you reported on your personal tax return. Contact UMB at 1.888.486.2448 with questions about your 1099-SA or 5498-SA.