1099 Statement Information
Form 1099-INT, 1099-R and 1099-SA statements will be available online for immediate download on Online Banking by the end of January. Please note, some tax statements are not currently available online. All tax statements will be mailed by January 31.
Do you have interest bearing accounts with UMB Bank? If so, you may have received or can expect to receive a Form 1099-INT statement stating the amount of interest you earned on your interest-bearing account in 2020.
There are several important facts to remember about your Form 1099-INT.
- If you prefer to receive your tax documents in the mail, please note that you will be mailed a separate Form 1099-INT for each UMB account that is eligible for tax reporting. Form 1099-INT is required to be mailed to you by January 31. Please allow two weeks for delivery.
- Under the tax rules, Banks are required to report interest income of $10 or more on a Form 1099-INT. Applying that threshold and our Form 1099-INT configuration if a customer has a checking account with $5 of interest and a savings account with $9 interest, the customer would receive 2 separate tax statements in the mail as the total aggregation of the interest earned is over the $10 threshold. In the past, we consolidated this mailing in one statement in one envelope, with account level detail on the back page, but had to re-configure to separate statements to accommodate online presentment.
- You can find out how much you earned in 2020 on an account by:
- Reviewing your December 2020 bank statement, which can be accessed by logging into Online Banking.
- Calling the UMB Service Center at 1.800.252.9008.
- Visiting your local UMB Banking Center.
- If you require a replacement or corrected Form 1009-INT, you can:
- Call the UMB Service Center at 1.800.252.9008 for further assistance.
- Visit your local UMB Banking Center for further assistance.
UMB reports annual distributions from your UMB HSA to the IRS and you on IRS Form 1099-SA. This information, along with your contributions found online on your HSA tax summary screen, should be used to complete your personal income tax return, Form 8889. Contact UMB at 1.888.486.2448 with questions about this tax form or you can find additional information about filing your tax return at hsa.umb.com.
For further assistance with your Form 1099, please call 1.800.252.9008 or visit your local UMB Banking Center.